Vitus Nucleus 29 VR HT Bike – Shimano Altus
The Nucleus range is the entry-level mountain bike range that punches well above its price-point. Winning MBR’s “£500 Hardtail of the Year” award only encouraged Vitus to make the Nucleus better than ever. Designed for progression, the Nucleus 29 VR HT Bike is aimed at cross-country and trail riders; this entry-level aluminium MTB will help you learn the basics or hone and master your trail skills.
Updated Aluminium Frame
Because there’s always room for improvement, Vitus returned to the drawing board and came back with a brand-new alloy frame which follows the DNA and core characteristics of the Vitus Sentier. Refined with their trail-oriented geometry, the Nucleus 29 VR HT Bike is now longer, lower and slacker than before. With revised geometry, improved stand-over clearance and internal dropper post cable routing, this entry-level aluminium MTB is like no other: it’s a bike that owes a lot to its big sibling, but more than capable of finding its own path.
- Frame: Mechanically formed 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Forks: Suntour XCR LO-R 29”, Air Spring with Pre-Load Adjustment, Hydraulic Speed Lock-Out with Rebound Damping Adjustment, tapered Alloy Steerer, 100mm Travel, 9mm QR
- Chainset: Suntour XCM, 170mm, 36Tx22T
- Bottom Bracket: Square taper 118mm
- Shifters: Shimano Altus SL-M2000 Rapid Fire Plus, 9-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Microshift MD-462B, 34.9mm Band
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M2000, Shadow Design
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG200, 11T-32T, 9-Speed
- Chain: KMC Z99, 9-Speed
- Rims: WTB ST i25 TCS (tubeless ready), 29”
- Front Hub: KT-MD7F, 100mm x QR, disc brake 6-bolt
- Rear Hub: KT-MD4R, 135mm x QR, disc brake 6-bolt
- Front: WTB Vigilante Comp, high grip compound, 29” x 2.3”
- Rear: WTB Trail Boss, 29” x 2.25”
- Front Brake: Tektro HD-M290 Hydraulic Disc Brake – 160mm rotor
- Rear Brake: Tektro HD-M290 Hydraulic Disc Brake – 160mm rotor
- Handlebars: Vitus Riser Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 15mm Rise, 740mm Wide
- Headset: FSA NO.57B, 1.1/8”-1.5”, Zero Stack
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 6° Rise, 60mm extension
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 15mm offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Seatclamp: Vitus QR
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.