SRAM Level Ultimate Disc Brake
The SRAM Level Ultimate Disc Brake is equipped with all the technology that is found on the Downhill World Championship winning SRAM Guide brakes, but has been refined and packed into a lighter, more compact package. Perfectly suited to XC racing and trail riding, these brakes provide exceptional power and a modulated braking feel that is only found on very few other brake designs; the Level Ultimate raises the bar for hydraulic disc brake performance.
- Material: Body, Lever: Carbon Fibre; Hardware: Titanium
- Caliper Design: 2-piston Monoblock caliper
- Recommended Rotor type: 2-piece CLX
- Pad: Aluminium-backed organic
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Mount: Ambidextrous
- Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Contact Point Adjust, Banjo Adjust
- Special Features: Contact Point Adjust, Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible
- Technology Highlight(s): TPC Plus, DirectLink, Bleeding Edge
- Pad Holder: Top-loading
- Intended Use: XC, Trail
- System: Open System
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Weight: 317g
Please note: Rotor NOT included
- DirectLink: SRAM’s DirectLink lever design produces a solid, positive feel the second you squeeze the lever to engage the brake. It offers a no-nonsense solution to give you precise control.
- MatchMaker & MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM triggers, and various RockShox controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp-a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker X integrates the RockShox XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox PushLoc.
- PiggyBack Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimised for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement—so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto style without hassle.
- Bleeding Edge: Bleeding Edge technology makes bleeding brakes quick and simple. An updated fluid path and bleed porting make it easier to push fluid through the caliper. A dedicated bleed adapter plugs into the bleed port and seals the system to minimise air contamination and fluid loss.
- Expandable Bladder: SRAM’s new brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles. The bladder is specifically shaped to evacuate air from the lever and push the fluid exactly where it’s needed. The result is improved back-pressure relief, which produces dependable braking power and consistency.
- Lever Pivot Bearings: Precision sealed bearings at the lever pivot enhance the clean, crisp lever actuation and consistent, light, one-finger feel.
- Heat Shield: The stainless-steel heat shields break the thermal connection between the pad and caliper body, reducing caliper fluid temperature by about 20C even in the most extreme testing conditions.
- TPC Plus (Timing Port Closure): A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port to pressurise the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system, called TPC Plus, features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency.
- DOT 5.1: Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management mean advancements in your ride. SRAM found that DOT 5.1 takes almost three times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless, fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.