SRAM Guide RS Disc Brake
The SRAM Guide RS Disc Brake sits in the middle of the range between the Guide R and the Guide RSC. Should you want more power and adjustability than is found on the Guide R but do not require the precision-tuning and lightweight, carbon parts found on the Guide RSC, then the RS is the best option.
Trail, Enduro and Freeride Ready 4 Piston Caliper Design
Although this brake is an exceptional option for XC, the RS is an all-around more-than capable Trail, All Mountain, Enduro and Freeride brake. Featuring the SwingLink pad engagement, which when the lever is pulled, the pad swings into engagement with the disc rotor. This provides a direct braking power-delivery, which is boosted by the 4-piston design.
- Material: Lever Blade, Caliper: Aluminium; Hardware: Stainless Steel
- Caliper Design: S4-Piston
- Brake Pads: SRAM Steel-backed, Organic compound
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Mount: Ambidextrous
- Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Banjo Adjust
- Special Features: Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible, Bleeding Edge, Heat Shield
- Technology Highlights: SwingLink, PURE Bladder, TPC Plus
- Pad/Holder: Top-loading
- Intended Use: Trail, All Mountain, Enduro, Freeride
- System: Open System
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Bend Zone: Yes
- Weight: 385g
- PiggyBack Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimized for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto without hassle.
- PURE Bladder: SRAM’s new brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder, called Pure, that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles. The bladder is specifically shaped to evacuate air from the lever and push the fluid exactly where it’s needed. The result is improved back-pressure relief, which produces dependable braking power and consistency.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
- SwingLink: Squeeze a new SRAM brake lever and you notice it immediately. Less deadband. More positive pad engagement. A new cam system requires less lever throw to push the pads toward the rotor. That’s great, but there’s more to perfect braking performance than just power. You need control. Many brake systems minimize deadband—but at the cost of modulation. SwingLink solves that with its special cam shape. When the pads contact the rotor, power is modulated, avoiding that “on/off” brake feel. It’s the perfect balance of power and precision.
- TPC Plus (Timing Port Closure): A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system, called TPC Plus, features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency.
- MatchMaker and MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM triggers, and various RockShox controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp, it is a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker X integrates the RockShox XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc.
- Bleeding Edge: Bleeding Edge technology makes bleeding brakes quick and simple. An updated fluid path and bleed porting make it easier to push fluid through the caliper. A dedicated bleed adapter plugs into the bleed port and seals the system to minimise air contamination and fluid loss.
- Heat Shield: The stainless-steel heat shields break the thermal connection between the pad and caliper body, reducing caliper fluid temperature by about 20C even in the most extreme testing conditions.
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Black
- Size: 850mm PM, 1450mm PM, 1400mm PM
- Option: RH-R 1350mm, Left Hand Front, Right Hand Rear – No Clamp, Right Hand Rear, R RH – 1500mm, 750mm – L – 40PM