VS models are for riders who want a fi’zi:k saddle with a relief zone. This is a solid-base saddle with an ergonomic channel spanning the length of the saddle. The saddle features a 5mm-deep central relief channel.
k:ium is a fi’zi:k proprietary rail formulation. It’s the combination of a particular metal alloy, a specific tubular design and a special finishing process which increases fatigue performance on the rail surface.
Fizik Spine Concept – Antares VS is for The Chameleon: Medium Spine.
- If you have an intermediate degree of spinal flexibility (approximately 90 degrees between your straight legs and your back when bending over as far as you can, keeping your legs straight a shoulders’ width apart), you are a chameleon. Your degree of spinal flexibility helps you so far, before you need to rotate your pelvis slightly to achieve fully the performance position.
- You will benefit from the increased width and slight curvature of the Antares shape.
Provided this saddle’s width isn’t too narrow for them, some women may find this model comfortable due to the presence of the relief channel.
- Solid base ensures saddle’s structural integrity is unaffected.
- No reduction in saddle’s surface area, therefore no subsequent increase in pressure.
- Relief channel spans the length of the saddle, allowing the rider freedom to move along it.
- Edge of relief channel is a gradual change in the foam mould leaving no sharp edges that might cause pressure points.
- Shell: Nylon Carbon Reinforced
- Rail: K:ium
- Cover: Microtex
- Thigh glides: Glossy Microtex
- Padding: Low density with relief channel
- Integrated Clip System: Yes
- Length: 275mm
- Width: 142mm
- Weight: 209g